Turn Open-Source Challenges Into Opportunities
Somewhere between 70-90% of the components that make up modern applications are open source. Although open source has been widely adopted across the digital ecosystem, many businesses are seeking help to better identify and understand their open-source inventory. OSS Consultants can help. We help you establish your own in-house open-source program office (OSPO), which helps build your own OSS competency and avoids vendor lock-in. This includes developing plans and formal OSS strategies so that companies can secure software and remediate non-compliancy issues, minimizing vulnerabilities and maximizing innovation. We work with you to recruit, train, and integrate open-source specialists into your team.
WHAT IS AN OSPO?
Do you need an OSPO?
The OSPO serves as a center of OSS expertise within your company and is ideal if you need a scalable method to manage and track your company’s use of open source. An experienced OSPO can help:
- Oversee a corporate open-source policy
- Track and manage open-source licenses
- Produce essential documentation such as notice reports, security reports, and SBOMs
- Guide corporate stakeholders (such as executive, legal, procurement, and security) on informed open-source usage
- Identify and mitigate potential risks throughout the software development life cycle
Establishing an in-house OSPO team requires expert guidance. OSS Consultants can help you ensure the implementation of efficient processes and design protocols that foster long-term cost savings, ensure maximum efficiency, and provide clear metrics for success.